This years ECON Thursday league started on Thursday October 19th 2017, the Pre-league meeting was in Alba bar on Thursday October 5th.
Items for discussion:
1) Do we change to Black ball rules? Vote was for rules to remain as EPA
2) Return to original 1 visit for 8 ball clearance Vote was to return to 1 visit and 8 ball clearance with a 7 baller. So all of a players 7 balls need to be potted then the black to win the game and leave all 7 of their opponents balls on the table, all of this has to happen in 1 visit "any visit" (A player can do this with 2 visits if as in a foul but all 7 of the opponents balls must remain on the table).
3) Are there enough teams interested in a Monday league to go forward with it? No ECON Monday league this season but we will organise one next season if there are enough teams interested, we would need a minimum of 8 teams. Blackball rules, 12 singles, no snacks, fair guidelines that are the same for all teams and Monday evenings.
1) Method used for entering player names in the score sheet Verdict: The home team enters players names first then the away team enter their player names. Remember that teams need to try and accomodate when players are working or cannot come until later by letting that players game be moved if needed.
2) Discussion between Doubles players Verdict: To remain as last season with no discussion between shots
3) Method for bringing in CUP games with 12 teams (Confirmed 10) There will be a CUP this season although based on a knockout so this will cover a period of 4 weeks running throughout the league.
The ECON league is open to bars in Fuengirola, Los Boliches and Torreblanca. The ECON pool league is about ECON giving pool players and bars something back for using our tables, if you have an ECON pool table we pay the 125€ of your teams subs, you pay 25€ team entry and 80€ returnable deposit. If you do not have an ECON table see entry fees etc. on our About page This coming 2017/18 season will be the 8th year for the ECON Fuengirola Pool league.
Contact number: Mike 696772063
1) We are still working on making the web site Mobile friendly, although this is an ongoing process the main ranking and results column and tabs as is on the left of this page can be accessed on a mobile Here, that should make the reading of ranking and results data easier for mobile users.
2) Players please remember that bars go out of their way to provide food for players on match nights, it would be appriciated by bars if players could return the favor by buying a drink. :-)
- Notes End.
This Fuengirola pool league is organised by 'Econ pool & snooker' for pool players and bars, it was created for pool players and bars interested in a fair league where no player, bar or operator is favoured, "the guidelines are the guidelines" and every team is treated equal.
The league runs through the winter months and generally starts at the endOctober each year, ending between April and the end of May depending on the number of teams taking part. Currently there is one division that plays to old EPA Rules.
Taking part in a pool league can be fun for your customers and can generate business for your bar. Being involved generally leads to customers visiting your bar more often, it will help you to get to know people and so generate more custom while also giving your customers an interesting activity to be involved in most weeks through the winter months.
If anyone wants to play for a team then let us know and we will pass you contact details onto the teams, some teams are interested in having more players so there is always the chance you can sign up with one.
Contact us if you want to take part in our league.
If there are cup matches played within the league (Same night) then the player ranking points will be included in their total, with the exclusion of any Cup semi or Cup final games so as to make it fair for all players.
Cup games involve an unequal number of home and away games for teams so it would be unfair to take these points from cup matches into consideration.
Firstly: Winning this league does not take any team onto the Spanish championships! This is a small local pool league, the object of which is to create a social event between teams, players and the bars involved in the league. To create an evening of enjoyable competition in the game of pool, to create entertainment for people 'bar customers' through the winter months and to help generate business for all involved, if that is not what you are looking for then you will find this league will probably not suit you.
I like to think this pool league is not taken overly seriously, as stated above: We want people to be social, enjoy themselves and to have fun... after all thats what it is all about... and yes, by all means go out to win.
Notes: If you need to reschedule any game then let the opposing team know ASAP. Cancellation of matches need to be communicated to the opposing team with at least 24 hours notice of the match. Failure to do so will forfeit 20€ from your team deposit and could result in a (7 : -1) or (-1 : 7) loss unless it has been agreed to reschedule at the time of notifiying the opposing team you will not turn up. In any case there will still be a forfeit of 20€ for letting the opposing team down inside a 24 hour period, results will be updated when the game has been played. You need to let the opposing team know, informing ECON Mike is not sufficient.
Any reschedule of matches must be played as soon as is possible.
If no notice is given then an automatic 7, -1 loss or -1, 7 loss will be incurred by the team that does not turn up.
Home teams generally go to a lot of trouble to prepare food and some players in general make special arrangements to be available to play, please do not disrespect this.
Please read the League Guidelines for more information.
It is not possible to 'flip' players around from one team to another, if this happens the player that is registered with another team will be marked down as VOID, if that player won their match they will be marked as 0. If a transfer is required that6 days notice needs to be given in order to allow time for request to be posted in other team bars, the transfer can be turned down if objections are raised within 3 days of being posted in other team venus. Any player caught using an alias to play games with other teams will have ALL their games marked as 0 while the opponents will be marked as 1, team results will be adjusted accordingly.
The main objective of Econ's pool leagues is for players and bars taking part to have fun and enjoy the game of pool, but please remember... this is only a game of pool!
It is very important to understand that cheating is not considered as sportsmanship, nor is it considered as acceptable behaviour. One of the objectives of this league is for bar owners to make more friends and so bring in more customers and trade, being friendly and sportsmanlike to others would be considered as behaviour that can promote that!